The Hartford offers an industry-leading group life insurance product which includes the following features:
- Our Enhanced Continuity of Coverage Clause that prevents employees from being stranded without coverage on our policy transfer date – even if they’re not actively at work on that day.
- Our Living Benefit Option that accelerates the benefits of terminally ill employees or dependents up to $500,000.
- Our No Interruption in Premium Waiver Elimination Period for employees who attempt to return to work for up to five days.
- Our Portability Option and Conversion is offered with our life insurance product. Employees who leave their company, or are under other qualifying conditions, can take all or a portion of their coverage with them.
- A variety of programs that give employees access to online tools and services that can help guide them through major life decisions, such as creating a will1 and funeral planning.2
Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance (AD&D)
Accidents don’t just happen to employees in dangerous jobs; they can happen to anyone. So it makes sense to offer employees protection with AD&D coverage from The Hartford
. These are just some of the features included in our coverage:
- Protection for children, spouses and employees against losses from unforeseen covered accidents.
- Twenty-four-hour accident coverage that can be combined with your Group Life offering or purchased as a stand-alone product.
- A valuable package of riders offering important additional coverages.
- An array of optional benefits that allow for a customized experience.
Group Accident Lines
The Hartford offers different types of employee accident insurance coverage from employees on business trips to students on field trips:
- Business travel accident insurance that can help cover employees traveling for business only, or for business and pleasure. Our plans have no mileage limits or travel duration restrictions. Travel options include in town, out of town, out of state, and international travel.
- We also offer blanket accident insurance for specialty groups such as campers, private and public school students, church groups, and more. Coverage includes Accidental Death and Dismemberment, Accidental Medical Expenses and other benefits ranging from emergency room expenses to coverage for paralysis and or comas.
Care, Compassion, Service – It’s What We Do
- Funeral Planning & Concierge Services1 (group life)
- EstateGuidance® Will Preparation Services2 (group life)
- Beneficiary Counseling Services2 (group life, accidental death and dismemberment)
- Travel Assistance & ID Theft Protection services3 (group life, accidental death and dismemberment)